Studies show that up to half of all runners sustain an injury over the course of a year
What is a Running Analysis?
A running analysis is a specialized service, which includes a biomechanical assessment and videotaped analysis by a physical therapist with expertise in running injuries and rehabilitation.
If you are a runner with injury, this evaluation is for you.
Common running injuries include patella tendonitis, patellofemoral pain syndrome, Achilles tendonitis, shin splints, plantarfascitis, iliotibial band syndrome, stress fractures, trochanteric bursitis and back pain.
The evaluation begins with an examination where the physical therapist:
- Obtains a history of past injuries and current complaints as well as information about your training regime and goals.
- Performs a series of functional tests, assesses postural imbalances, flexibility or strength deficits, lower extremity and full body alignment.
The Running Analysis includes:
- Walking barefoot to assess foot functions.
- Increasing speed from walking to running on a treadmill to a comfortable 'distance' running pace.
- High Definition videotape from front, back and sides.
The Physical Therapist will teach strategies to enable you to continue running to include:
- Individualized stretching and strengthening program based on your specific needs.
- Training modifications and home pain management to enable running with maximum efficiency.
- Injury preventions suggestions.
- Recommendations may include further intervention by a physician.
Contact Physical Therapy of Ocean Springs & Biloxi to schedule an evaluation. Please bring your running clothes and shoes.
Until Next Month,
Thanks from Douglas Roll PT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Physical Therapy Center of Ocean Springs Biloxi Gulfport
- Orthopedic Certified
- Industrial Rehab
- Video Analysis
- Manual Therapy
- Work Rehab
- Physical Therapy
- Spine Care
- Joint Mobilization
- Spine Specialist
- Specialized Exercise
- Electric Stimulation
- Sports Specialists
- Preferred Provider
900 Holcomb Blvd,
Ocean Springs, MS
175 Main St
12449 US 49, Suite C
Grand Oak Plaza
75 Wisconsin Loop
New HIPAA guidelines prohibit us from exchanging Private Health Information with e-mail. E-mail is not secure.
Please do not respond to this e-mail with any questions concerning your medical condition, billing, or any other information that you may not want someone other than us to read. Just give us a call (228) 872-6821.
Nothing contained herein shall constitute medical advice. Please consult your medical professional for proper treatment.
We will never share, rent or sell your email address
Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe Instantly
Powered by E-rehab LLC